i was scurrying around the kitchen early this a.m. (still a bit jumpy from the movie last night) to ready my usual breakfast before work as well as breakfast for a coworker!
peanutbutter & jelly & banana toasted sandwich
- miltons healthy grain
- bonne maman rasperry preserves
- organic peanut butter
- organic very ripe (very sweet) banana
for myself, i finally gave a go at these overnight oats i have been hearing so much about! and the verdict….um love em!
my breakfast really turns more into lunch. i ate a little of my fruit with my coffee but wasnt feeling up to my breakfast until my lunch break.
here was my line up of treats in my fancy prada (now) lunch bag:
i had a sudden need for almond butter so i saved the peanut butter and had my oats with this instead, so good!
overnight oats before almond butter:
my first overnight oats:
- 1/3 cup organic old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup of plain, non fat greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup organic, unsweetened almond milk (would also be great with vanilla!)
- tsp vanilla extract
ps the i heart pears at the moment!
and for a pre-work out/snack/lunch i had a smoothie on my way home from work:
spinach and romaine smoothie:
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce
- couple handful’s organic spinach
- 1/2 frozen organic banana
- 1/4 cup organic unsweetend almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic coconut butter
- 1 packet truvia sweetner
it was a bit romain-y, may be sweeter with a whole banana.